Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What I said to Richard Dawkins after the "We'd be better off without religion" debate

After the "We'd be better off without religion" debate (at the Grand Hall, Westminster on 27th March) Richard Dawkins was signing his book The God Delusion.

I wished Dawkins happy birthday for yesterday (26th March). I said that I was helping to organise the PR for the The God Delusion to MPs Pledge at the House of Commons on the 16th April. I asked Dawkins "would he present his pledge, in public, to Dr Evan Harris (his local MP). He said he would not. Dawkins then said that he had arranged to pledge his book to David Miliband MP. I asked Dawkins "would he present his pledge, in public, to David Miliband MP." He said he would not.

Miliband, Rt Hon David LabSouth Shields Taken by Anonymous (13)

I walked away but within 5 paces people were tapping me on the shoulder. I looked around and saw Dawkins standing up waving his pen at me. Had I forgot my wallet? No! Dawkins said that whilst he was unwilling to present his pledge in public to any MP - he WAS however willing to ATTEND the PR event for the book pledge. Dawkins requested I send details of the PR event to him by email for his written confirmation that he can attend.

James Christie and Peter Klaver please note!!

No comments: