Sunday, February 18, 2007

My favourite Quotations - Feb 2007

Oscar Wilde

"I am not young enough to know everything."

Wernher von Braun

"Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing."

George Price

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the fine line between sanity and madness gotten finer?"

Stephen Leacock

"I detest life-insurance agents; they always argue that I shall some day die, which is not so."

Bertrand Russell

"When one admits that nothing is certain one must, I think, also admit that some things are much more nearly certain than others."

Paul Valery

"The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be."

Peter Drucker

"Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things."

Carl Sagan

"Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense".

No comments: