Monday, February 26, 2007

Atheism quotes via Clipmarks.com

clipped from: www.delawareonline.com
I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
-Stephen Roberts

I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence.
-Doug McLeod

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
-Epicurus

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends! Well I say there are some things we don't want to know! Important things!
-Ned Flanders

Men never commit evil so fully and joyfuly as when they do it for religious convictions.
-Blaise Pascal

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.
-Bertrand Russell

Praying is like a rocking chair-- it'll give you something to do, but it won't get you anywhere.
-Gypsy Rose Lee

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.
-Gene Roddenberry

If a church sign says it, then it must be so:

http://shortthorts.blogspot.com/2006/10/fun-with-church-signs.html

reposted from: Clipmarks.com
my highlights / emphasis /
comments

No comments: