Monday, November 20, 2006

Atheism - Quotations

Read the funny and pithy Quotations on Atheism.

a couple of samples..

  • The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank.
  • I always admired atheists. I think it takes a lot of faith.
  • The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the fanatical atheist but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there is a god or not.
  • I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.
  • I'm a born-again atheist.
  • I once wanted to become an atheist, but I gave up - they have no holidays.
  • Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
  • An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support.
  • I'm still an atheist, thank God.
  • Religion is about turning untested belief into unshakeable truth through the power of institutions and the passage of time.
  • We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
  • How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?
  • If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever.

No comments: