Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Richard Dawkins - The Complete Works




Today I bought from Amazon.co.uk the "Extended Phenotype" and "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. This completes my library of all of Richard Dawkins books - bar none!

I took this picture of Richard Dawkins in March 2005 at a British Association for the Advancement of Science lecture given by him in Reading. The professor organising the talk introduced me to Richard Dawkins whos was concerned that my pictures would interupt his concentration at a high point in the lecture - I assured Richard that the pictures they would be taken without flash - so he gave me his permission to take the photos.

Richard Dawkins and Lalla Ward (his wife the former Dr Who assistant actress) read extracts of his latest book The Ancestors Tale. During question time, I asked Richard Dawkins "At what stage did he reject the idea of God (recalling his TV interview with Jonathan Miller in his Rough History of Disbelief series) and was his rejection influenced by his knowledge of evolution." Richard Dawkins replied to me "it stuck me at 15 years that what he had been taught of religion just did not stack up - was not credible". I asked a supplimentary question, "Should research into the effectiveness of prayers be undertaken by the BA or others. Would not this research show that effectiveness of prayers had no statistically significant credibilty?" Richard Dawkins' reply to me was "Yes research could be conducted on this subject, but not by me - i dont have the time".


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawkins.

My Library: http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=cstreet

No comments: